Sr. CNC Programmer
Universal Metal Products, located in Wickliffe, Ohio, specializes in custom metal forming, serving customers globally in the Appliance, Transportation and Industrial markets for over 75years. We are strategically located in three US locations with over 100 forming machines. We provide tooling design, value-added assembly, heat treat and finishing operations.
Our success is a result of our diverse, talented and hard-working teams. We’re committed to teamwork, training and development, continuous improvement and the safety and well-being of our people.
We have an immediate need for a Senior CNC Programmer to join our team!
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use computer software to model cutting paths and program machines accordingly
- Read technical drawings and setup machines according to specifications
- Perform quality assurance testing to ensure products meet design specifications
- Adjust equipment/settings to optimize productions while maintaining quality
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems with machines as they arise
- This is a lead position; will assist with overseeing 2 CNC Operators. Will be actively involved in mentoring,s training and knowledge sharing
- At least 5-10 years of CNC programming experience
- Must be highly proficient in MasterCAM
- Must have experience with Mazak Mills and Haas lathes
- Must have experience in a metal stamping environment
- Education: Associate degree and\or 7-10 years’ work-related experience
- Must adhere to fast-paced schedule and productivity standards. We are a custom metal forming business and the incumbent should have the ability to program/setup multiple jobs
- Candidates must have strong attention to detail and high level of mechanical aptitude
- Must be a team player and have the maturity and professionalism to be a lead