Universal Metal Products, Inc. specializes in custom metal forming serving customers globally in appliance, vehicle and industrial markets for 75 years! UMP’s manufacturing footprint includes 3 strategically located USMCA metal stamping production facilities and over 100 forming machines ranging from fourslide and multi-slide stamping to 600 -ton progressive die punch presses. In addition to engineering services, UMP provides tooling collaboration, design and build, value added assembly, heat treating and finish operations.
We have an immediate need for an IT Technician to join our team in Wickliffe, OH!
IT Technician responsibilities
- Installing workstations and other equipment like printers
- Installing desktop operating systems and programs
- Install, configure, and manage software and their functions according to specifications.
- Set up equipment for new users.
- Check and maintain computer hardware such as mouses and keyboards.
- Connecting all workstations to the network and relevant servers
- Provide helpdesk/technical support either by phone, remote access or site visits as needed.
- Perform troubleshooting to diagnose and resolve problems (repair or replace parts, debugging etc.)
- Assist in and plan training, development and education for new software and hardware.
- Maintain records/logs of repairs and fixes.
- Maintain hardware and software inventory.
- Identify computer or network equipment shortages and place orders when necessary.
- Organize, and schedule upgrades and maintenance without deterring others from completing their work.
- Travel to client sites
- Keep systems up to date through operating systems upgrades.
- Monitor workstations, networking equipment and servers.
- Assist with the design, implementation, and ongoing support of new software and features.
- Evaluate connectivity issues, equipment, and software.
- Assist with LAN/WAN technologies, computer repair/troubleshooting software, networks, virus protection, Wi-Fi technology, and more.
IT Technician requirements
- Previous experience as a help desk technician, computer technician, or IT support for minimum 3 years
- Degree in Computer Science, information systems or related field preferred
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Outstanding organizational and time-management skills
- Hands on experience with diverse computer systems and networks
- In depth knowledge of internet security and data privacy principles
- Certification as IT Technician will be a big plus.
- Goal-oriented, organized team player
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve multiple issues.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time efficient.
Interested? Please email your resume to [email protected] today!