Universal Metal Products, located in Wickliffe, Ohio, specializes in custom metal forming, serving customers globally in the Appliance, Transportation and Industrial markets for over 75 years. We are strategically located in three US locations with over 100 forming machines. We provide tooling design, value-added assembly, heat treat and finishing operations.
We have an immediate need for a Quality Control Inspector to join our team in Wickliffe, OH.
- Final and floor inspection of a wide variety of parts using various gauges, direct reading instruments and/or visual inspection.
- Audit processes performed by production employees relative to methods, devices and ability to follow manufacturing instructions.
- Performs a variety of inspections: completes layouts, first piece inspections, first part approvals and review of of documents.
- Perform calibration entries and updates
- Conducts PPAPs and FPA.
- Issues and follows up with corrective action reports.
- Performs testing on material, goods in process, or finished goods where results are compared to company quality standards.
- Proficient in the use of micrometers, calipers and height gauges
- Must have an understanding of blueprints and measurement techniques
- Previous quality experience in a metal stamping environment would be helpful
- High school diploma or equivalent
Interested? Email your resume to [email protected] today!