Universal Metal Products, Inc. specializes in custom metal forming, serving customers globally in the appliance, transportation, and industrial markets for over 75 years. We are strategically located in three US locations with over 100 forming machines. We provide tooling design, value-added assembly, heat treat and finishing operations.
We have an immediate need for a Quality Control Manager to join our team in Wickliffe, Ohio! This position is responsible for coordinating quality functions, both internal and external. Requires knowledge of all products and their operating characteristics, extensive IATF 16949/ISO 9001 experience, plant procedures, and quality standards.
- Coordinates daily activities within the Quality Control Department
- Assist in the development of instructions and/or procedures for inspection, testing and evaluation.
- Devises sampling procedures, supervises the design of forms for recording quality checks and preparation of instruction for these procedures.
- May establish programs to evaluate precision and accuracy of production and processing equipment and testing, measurement, and analytical facilities.
- May conduct training programs and write training manuals on quality control activities.
- Investigates practices, procedures, and perform internal quality systems audits to determine quality standards and whether these standards are being met.
- Conduct quality meetings in which quality information is presented to management and supervisors.
- Recommend and work with management in appropriate disposition method for non-conforming product.
- Assist in development, implementation and maintenance of a quality system that complies with ISO 9001 / IATF 16949 / ISO 14001 requirements.
- Implement corrective actions as needed and maintain databases. Communicate quality systems progress and objectives to company personnel. May train or arrange training for personnel in the development of quality methods and procedures.
- Confers with engineers about quality assurance of new products designed and manufactured products to help prevent and rectify problems.
- Supervises and directs personnel in performing operations according to sound operating principles and company policies and procedures.
- Handles variety of customer issues related to Quality issues. May have to make on-site customer visit to resolve issue(s).
- Along with other Quality Control Personnel involved in First Piece, PAPPs, Layouts, Calibration, etc.
- May perform source inspections and/or surveys, involving visits to a supplier’s facility to evaluate adherence to the company’s quality requirements for products or systems. Works along with the Purchasing Team, to assist in developing and maintaining suppliers, including supplier Quality issues.
- Collaborates in such things as the improvement of production methods and equipment, the improvements of standards of quality.
Qualifications for the role:
- High school diploma plus management courses and/or equivalent experience in a manufacturing environment.
- CQT certification through ASQ. Should work towards CMQ/OE within 3 years of placement in the position or have 5 years of equivalent experience in Quality Control Management or lead person role.
- Minimum of two years in inspection experience in metal stamping industry, in a decision-making position.
- Experience in word processing software, spreadsheet software, and the ability to use internet and email.
- Ability to work under pressure of deadlines and manage/complete multiple tasks
- Good communication and conflict resolution skills required (customer contact)
- Must be reliable and dependable.
- Experience in use of various measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, gauges, optical comparator)
- Math skills required; experience in blueprint reading and SPC
- Requires knowledge of Rockwell Hardness Tester, Plating Thickness Test and Optical Comparator, CMM, Vision Inspection/Measurement systems.
Interested? Please send your resume to [email protected] today!