We are seeking a Mechanical Sales Engineer to service existing and new customers in Southern Ohio, Kentucky and Tennessee. The ideal candidate will be centrally located within close proximity to current and target customers in Cincinnati, OH as well as northern Kentucky.
Mechanical Sales Engineers are the primary technical resource for the field sales force. Sales Engineers are responsible for actively driving and managing the technology evaluation stage of the sales process, working in conjunction with the sales team as the key technical advisor and product advocate for our engineered products and solutions. Reporting to the Vice President of Sales, the Sales Engineer must be able to articulate technology and product positioning to both business and technical users. Must be able to identify all technical issues of assigned accounts to assure complete customer satisfaction through all stages of the sales engineering process. Must be able to establish and maintain strong relationships throughout the sales cycle.
- Responsible for servicing existing and developing new target customers in appliance, industrial and automotive OEM and tier suppliers for domestic (USMCA) manufacturing
- Responsible for representing the US based manufacturer of custom metal stampings
to customers and identifying, cultivating and developing new long term relationships with
target customer base while helping your support team maintain existing satisfied customers
- Able to work in both an Engineering and Production manufacturing environment to
help customers design and develop “manufacturable” metal components to be used in
sub-assemblies and OEM end products
- Responsible for devising ways that products and services can be designed to fit customer’s needs
- Able to respond in conjunction with Cost Estimating Team to functional and technical elements of RFIs/RFPs
- Able to convey customer requirements to Management, Cost Estimating, Tooling and Productions Teams
- Able to travel throughout sales territory including Tennessee and Kentucky
- BS in Mechanical Engineering is strongly preferred and/or 3-5+ years relevant experience
- Self-motivated and able to work independently. Self starter a must.
- Ability to read and interpret part blue prints and specification
- Fundamental knowledge of carbon, stainless and precious metal properties
- Experience with CAD is a plus but not essential to the successful candidate with a strong mechanical aptitude
- Comfortable in a fast paced and dynamic atmosphere of a technical manufacturing organization with a rapidly expanding customer base
- Must possess strong presentation skills and be able to communicate professionally in written responses to emails and when submitting reports
- Organized and analytical, able to eliminate sales obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches. Must be prepared for extensive travel
- Valid driver’s license required for travel
- Experience and familiarity of our products and line of business a plus
Please submit your resume to [email protected] for consideration!