Universal Metal Products, Inc. specializes in custom metal forming serving customers globally in the appliance, vehicle and industrial markets for 75 years! UMP’s manufacturing footprint includes 3 strategically located USMCA metal stamping production facilities and over 100 forming machines ranging from fourslide and multi-slide stamping to 600 -ton progressive die punch presses. In addition to engineering services, UMP provides tooling collaboration, design and build, value added assembly, heat treating and finish operations.
We have an immediate need for a Second Shift Supervisor to join our team in Eastlake, Ohio. The position hours are Monday-Thursday 3:00PM-1:00AM plus overtime on Fridays as needed. The Supervisor will oversee approximately 10-20 employees who operate equipment and assemble product. This position will also monitor and organize work flow.
- Oversee and may complete a variety of machine set ups, maintenance and operation of equipment in the department.
- Responsible for processes, equipment, employees, safety, and housekeeping while meeting production quality and efficiency standards.
- Conducts new hire performance and safety orientations.
- Communicates job expectations: planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Establishes or adjusts work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assists workers in solving problems.
- Extensive experience in use of measuring equipment (micrometers, calipers, gauges).
- Extensive knowledge of machine parts, tooling, and surface grinders.
- Must have working knowledge of metal stamping and punch press setup expertise.
- Must be a solid communicator with at least one year of supervisory or lead person experience.
- Attendance is crucial for this role. Candidate must be dependable and reliable.
Job Type: Full-time