Universal Metal Products, Inc. has an immediate need for an experienced Tooling Engineer to join our team. The Tooling Engineer collaborates with other engineers and manufacturing teams to enhance existing designs and develop new ones.
- Using SolidWorks CAD to analyze existing tooling designs and make improvements as needed.
- Develop blueprints for new tooling designs per project specifications.
- Share designs and implement any relevant feedback in the new designs.
- Develop prototypes and test new designs.
- Carry out quality assurance testing on new designs utilizing FEA.
- Travel to manufacturing plants and factories to gather information and liaise with manufacturing and design teams.
- Create blueprints and designs using CAD, including die sensor plans.
- Negotiate with vendors and contractors to secure the best deals.
- Subcontract die shops.
- Review and approve die designs and timelines.
- Observe and approve initial PPAP and run rate at supplier die shops.
- Schedule meetings with management and sales teams as required.
- Keep abreast of developments in the field by expanding networks and attending events.
- Bachelors Degree in Engineering or related discipline.
- Understanding of die sensor systems and methodologies.
- Practical experience using CAD (SolidWorks) and Logopress design software.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, and technical skills.
- Ability to work independently and with a team.
- Ability to travel up to 25% of the time.
- Must have strong attention to detail, with the ability to complete projects on-time and to specification.