Universal Metal Products, located in Wickliffe, Ohio, specializes in custom metal forming, serving customers globally in the appliance, transportation, and industrial markets for over 75 years. We are strategically located in three U.S. locations with over 100 forming machines. We provide tooling design, value-added assembly, heat treat and finishing operations.
We have an immediate need for an experienced Wire EDM Programmer/Operator to join our team.
This is a second shift position. Hours are Monday-Thursday, 3PM – 1:30AM.
- Perform programming to setup and operate wire EDM machine.
- Produce parts to specification; verify parts meet extremely close tolerance dimensions, alignments, and specifications.
- Analyze blueprints and engineering drawings to determine part dimensions and cut configurations. Determine type/size of cutting tool according to metal stock on machine fixture.
- Observe machining of first parts to verify programming accuracy.
- Perform complex tool changes and offsets.
- Utilize micrometers, calipers, gauges and inspect work against prints or model.
- Collaborate with engineering and manufacturing teams to supply solutions to their needs in a fast-paced, customer-driven environment.
- Continuously look for innovative ways to improve processes, reduce waste, increase throughput and improve efficiencies.
- Must have at least 1-2 years of experience setting up and operating wire EDM machine.
- Must have experience in a metal stamping environment, with knowledge of four-slide/punch press equipment, CNC machines, lathes, etc.
- Must have Master CAM proficiency
- Requires a very high degree of precision and attention to detail
- Ability to read and interpret complex blueprints and other required documents
Interested? Send your resume to [email protected] today!